[MPlayer-users] RTSP streaming under Linux...

Omair Muhi Kanwar omairmuhi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 15:43:35 CEST 2006

Actually I do have Live555 and the ONLY RTSP link that is, strangely, not
working is the one I mentioned in my original email. Other than that, I am
able to view RTSP links in general. Thanks anyway.

On 7/11/06, Jeremy Hansen <jebrhansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/9/06, Omair Muhi Kanwar <omairmuhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I have been trying hard to get live networks streams (in particular RTSP
> > streams) working and was able to run them using mplayer. But there is
> this
> > one rtsp link (* **rtsp://69.59.162.108/watchislam* ) that works
> > straightaway on Winodws Media Player under Windows, but fails to run in
> > mplayer under Linux.
> >
> > Can anyone check to see if it this particular rtsp stream runs on their
> > Linux box?
> >
> > If yes, how did you do it?
> >
> > If no, any ideas why it works under Windows and not Linux and how could
> you
> > run it under Linux?
> >
> > The link, again, is:
> >
> > *rtsp://69.59.162.108/watchislam*
> >
> > and it's not broken or anything since it works fine under Windows Media
> > Player in Windows.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Best.
>

> Try this
> http://www.live555.com/mplayer/

Learn and clear misconceptions about Islam!
http://www.searchforislam.com
http://www.chatislam.com
http://www.hearislam.com
http://www.watchislam.com