[MPlayer-users] Can't seek to Track (WB)

Jeff Schiller codedread at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 14:39:07 CEST 2006

I've been using mplayer in Windows lately (through cygwin) and it
works fine for the majority of the titles on my DVDs.  However, I'm
having some trouble lately with Warner Brothers DVD films with bonus
cartoons on them.

Right now I am trying to watch the cartoons on the WB "GoldDiggers of
1933" DVD. When I do:

mplayer.exe dvd://22

- mplayer1.0-pre5 can play the video, but it has no audio (it says
Audio: None on the command line1)
- mplayer1.0-pre7, pre8 both seem to "hang" and when I eventually
press CTLR+C it dumps an error message saying couldn't seek to offset.
 When I try a lower track number (up to, let's say 4) then mplayer
takes a little while but it finds the track.  With the higher number
tracks I've let the thing "hang" for about an hour and still
nothing...

The same thing happens when trying to watch the cartoon on the Warner
Brothers "Little Caesar" DVD.

Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

Also, I'm confused about where to unzip the codecs that I downloaded.
What directly should they be in for a Windows install?

Thanks,
Jeff