[MPlayer-users] Matroska chapter support

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Jul 16 04:03:51 CEST 2006

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 12:51:59AM +0400, Evgeniy Stepanov wrote:
> On Saturday 15 July 2006 23:46, Steve Dibb wrote:
> > There was only one minor issue with it -- on playback, if your current
> > position is ahead of the last chapter marker, hitting @ will skip you
> > backwards to the start of the last chapter.
>
> Of course. What else could it do ? We already have key bindings for quitting
> and doing nothing, the only reasonable action for '@' is to scroll back to
> the start of the last chapter. :)

I disagree. This behavior is extremely annoying if you're playing
multiple files or something. Ending the current file is the sensible
behavior when there is no "next chapter".

There used to be (still are?) some demuxers that would misbehave like
this when trying to seek past the end of the file and it was really
counter-intuitive and annoying, IMO.

Rich