[MPlayer-users] Dumping stream acceleration?

Hernan Badino hernan.badino at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 10:15:24 CEST 2006

Hello everybody,

I (and many other users surely) would like to dump streams to fast as
possible. For example the following run:

mplayer -dumpstream
rtsp://ms.espectador.com/audio/app_metafiles/dol0606282.rm -dumpfile
dol0606282.rm

takes approx. half an hour to dump 1.8M (with the last repository
version). I've seen shareware products for windows which can dump the
same file in just a few minutes (or seconds). Knows anyone a way to do
this? I would be great to have such a feature in mplayer.

Cheers,

Hernan.