[MPlayer-users] How to encode an ogg with mplayer?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Tue Jul 18 18:31:38 CEST 2006

Val wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 16:53 +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>
>> do yourself and the mankind a favor and forget everything about that
>> abomination that is ogg.
>>

> I haven't heard anything so bad about ogg. Would you please elaborate?
>
> P.S.
> I am not trying to start a flame - if there is something bad about ogg,
> I really want to know.

ogg doesn't permit to do anything with its content unless you know perfectly
the format of the streams therein; it doesn't include any of the basic
informations
that a container should provide to permit access to its content and in
certain places
it reinvents the wheel for no reason (other than for establishing
unprecedented
levels of idiocy (e.g. lacing)).
Whoever invented it deserves an ignobel prize for technology

 Sponsor:
 Scopri RIS il sistema di ricarica infinita. Meglio delle cartucce, meglio degli inchiostri, economico, facile da installare e da utilizzare, solo su refill.it
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5191&d=18-7