[MPlayer-users] divx4_vbr.o no longer needed?

David Ronis ronis at ronispc.chem.mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 21 21:03:57 CEST 2006

Thanks for the reply.  I've answered in context below.

David

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 20:46 +0200, Ivo wrote:
> On Friday 21 July 2006 20:13, David Ronis wrote:
> [..]
> > make distclean
> > svn update && ./configure --enable-gui && make
> >
> > I get the following error at the link step for mplayer
> >
> > gcc: divx4_vbr.o: No such file or directory
> >
> > Sure enough it's not anywhere in the mplayer tree.  If I manually edit
> > the makefile and remove the line divx_vbr.c from the SRC macro
> > definition, the error goes away and mplayer seems to link properly.
>
> divx4_vbr got removed recently. There is no divx4_vbr.c mentioned in my
> Makefile. I am at revision r19151 (svnversion).

Well, there doesn't seem to be a bootstrap script, nor any .in files in
the top of the tree, so I'm assuming that svn and configure should be
updating the makefile properly.

> > As long as I'm at it, I notice that the default CFLAGS set
> > -march=prescott; this isn't correct here (I'm running on a Pentium D
> > dual core CPU).
>
> What does uname -mpi return on your system? And what -march/cpu options
> would be best for a Pentium D dual core?

uname -mpi gives

i686 pentium4 i386

For most things, I use -march=i686, although rereading the gcc info
pages, makes me think that -march=pentium4 or -march=pentium4m might be
better.  It says that prescott is for a machine with MMX, SSE, SSE2 AND
SSE3; my cpu doesn't support SSE3.