[MPlayer-users] divx4_vbr.o no longer needed?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri Jul 21 21:29:51 CEST 2006

David Ronis wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 20:46 +0200, Ivo wrote:
>> On Friday 21 July 2006 20:13, David Ronis wrote:
>> [..]
>>> make distclean
>>> svn update && ./configure --enable-gui && make
>>>
>>> I get the following error at the link step for mplayer
>>>
>>> gcc: divx4_vbr.o: No such file or directory
>>>
>>> Sure enough it's not anywhere in the mplayer tree.  If I manually edit
>>> the makefile and remove the line divx_vbr.c from the SRC macro
>>> definition, the error goes away and mplayer seems to link properly.
>> divx4_vbr got removed recently. There is no divx4_vbr.c mentioned in my
>> Makefile. I am at revision r19151 (svnversion).
>
> Well, there doesn't seem to be a bootstrap script, nor any .in files in
> the top of the tree, so I'm assuming that svn and configure should be
> updating the makefile properly.

If all else fails, try a fresh svn checkout. There aren't any references
to divx_vbr.c in the SVN repository, though, so
$ svn update && make distclean && ./configure && make
...should work fine.

What does `svnversion' say?

>>> As long as I'm at it, I notice that the default CFLAGS set
>>> -march=prescott; this isn't correct here (I'm running on a Pentium D
>>> dual core CPU).
>> What does uname -mpi return on your system? And what -march/cpu options
>> would be best for a Pentium D dual core?
>
> uname -mpi gives
>
> i686 pentium4 i386
>
> For most things, I use -march=i686, although rereading the gcc info
> pages, makes me think that -march=pentium4 or -march=pentium4m might be
> better.  It says that prescott is for a machine with MMX, SSE, SSE2 AND
> SSE3; my cpu doesn't support SSE3.

Really? I thought all Pentium D CPUs did, but I haven't really paid
attention to Intel stuff. Can you please `cat /proc/cpuinfo' and post
the output?

-Corey