[MPlayer-users] VESA driver on windows versions

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Jul 22 10:30:20 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 04:50:06PM +0200, Ladislav Lacina wrote:
> Is possible to use the VESA BIOS driver under windows build?
> I would like to use Mplayer in pure DOS. I am able to run it (with HX-DOS
> extender) and even "play" films through JPG or TGA output drivers. But I

Hmm? What did you use to compile it? I didn't know this was possible..

> would like to real watch the films. I think that through VESA driver it
> could be possible. Why is it disabled in the windows versions?

DOS or Windows, which one are you talking about? The VESA driver will
certainly crash the windows video drivers, I think. You should just
use one of the vidix vo modules. It's much better anyway! It already
works with windows and in theory it could work with plain dos too.

Rich