[MPlayer-users] possible to send mono sound to just one speaker?

Alec Bennett wrybread at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 11:18:19 CEST 2006

I'm using mplayer in a multimedia installation, and would like to send a
mono file to, for example, the left speaker, while sending nothing to the
right. Because soundcards automatically play single channel audio through
both speakers, I'm having a hard time accomplishing this.

I'm using all sorts of combinations of the pan filter, channels, etc., but
not finding anything that does the trick.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?