[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: VESA driver on windows versions

Ladislav Lacina laaca at seznam.cz
Sat Jul 22 14:11:34 CEST 2006

This is not needed to recompile Mplayer for DOS. If you have installed the
HX-DOS extender (http://www.japheth.de) you are able to run some windows
apps from pure DOS. It is something like emulator. Most of console programs
work, most uf GUI don't.
Anyway the last version is able to run MPlayer.
Mplayer even works with sound (with "-vo win32" option) but the problem is
graphics output. The vidix output don't work in this envirinment :-(
(But under windows don't work for me either)
So I think that the only chance to get the graphics output in DOS is the
VESA or SVGA driver. But they are disabled in windows versions of MPplayer.
Does exist some version which has these drivers enabled?