[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Avi file can only be watched with -forceidx

陆然 hephooey at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 04:21:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 06:06, Ivan Kowalenko wrote:
> On Jul 24, 2006, at 09.54, 陆然 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I uploaded a sample to
> >
> > ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu:/MPlayer/incoming/broken_image.avi
> >
> > MPlayer gives a lot of error when playing this video with no
> > special flags,
> > the weird thing is this video could be cured with -forceidx, looks
> > like it
> > has a broken index and somehow it affected demuxing or decoding.
> > This video
> > is ok even with windows media player ;).
>
> Please submit a *proper* report. This message lacks information, such
> as what version of MPlayer you're using, and your system
> architecture. We cannot help you until you provide more information.
> In addition, your link seems to be broken.

My fault, I'm using SVN 19162, a athlon-xp gentoo box with gcc 4.1.1, and I
also tried with a pentium-D box with standard fc4 installation, this apply to
the other two bug reports ([BUG] a realmedia video crashes MPlayer, [BUG]
mpeg file cannot be decoded by libmpeg), and the links of the files, please
remove the ':' (
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/broken_image.avi
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/freeze_at_40s.rm
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/not_playable_with_libmpeg.mpg)

> It's likely this file simply has a broken index, and Windows Media
> Player simply uses some sort of weird voodoo hack to make things
> appear to work correctly.

I forget to mention that Media Player Classic works too, I've not tried xine
yet. If only WMP can handle it, maybe it's the file's fault, but since there
are at lease two player can play the file while MPlayer cannot, there must be
something could improve.

--
Best Regards,
LR