[MPlayer-users] NVidia, getting cvidix to work, TV-Out possible?

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Mon Jul 31 21:29:20 CEST 2006

On Sunday 30 July 2006 13:43, Sebastian Kemper wrote:
> usually I use my monitor for small vids on my computer, but for longer
> movies I'd like to use the tv-out of my NVidia GF4. I think normally
> it's only possible to use it through NVidia's binary drivers. But I
> won't "taint" my kernel so there's got to be either another way or I
> can't use the tv-out.

You could have a look at nvtv. I use it with Xorg7.1 and the OSS nv driver.
The nvidia binary driver does not work correctly yet with 7.1 because of an
ABI change, unless you switch off  RenderAccel but since you don't want to
use the binary driver, that doesn't really matter :) But anyway, the
upgrade to Xorg7.1 made me switch back to the nv driver for a while and
nvtv still works pretty much flawlessly on my GF2 card. It depends on the
TV-encoder chipset if it will work for your GF4.

--Ivo