[MPlayer-users] Problem playing DTS Audio CD

Barak Zalstein barak.zalstein at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 04:00:37 CEST 2006

2006/6/1, Vladimir Mosgalin <mosgalin at vm10124.spb.edu>:

> Hi Barak Zalstein!
>
> On 2006.05.31 at 20:58:01 +0300, Barak Zalstein wrote next:
>
> > Adding this switch also fails:
> > Playing cdda://1.
> > Found Audio CD with 7 tracks
>
> Why can't you use search?? It has been discussed many times.
> cdda://1 -rawaudio format=0x2001
>
> Yes, such forcing isn't a proper way, on the other hand it works ever
> since dts support was introduced.

I used that switch with MPlayer-1.0pre7try2 and it works ok, almost - the
sound still pauses every second. when I use "-ao alsa" or "-ao oss" the time
between each pause is different (I am able to play and save output of dts
wav files with dtsdec executable, but couldn't find a way for generating a
non-downsampled usable output).
Using "-ao pcm" with mplayer creates an output file which is listenable but
mplayer crashes with signal 11 after a while  (and I  think that the output
is downmixed as well as I hear no sound on left speakers while
6_channels_id.wav test plays ok)
When using mplayer_20060519 and ffmpeg_20060519 with that switch, dts is not
found in libavcodec and hwac3 is tried instead. This problem is mentioned in
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=364883
but the suggested solution of installing libdca did not help.
(I tried libdca-0.0.2.tar.gz<http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/libdca/0.0.2/libdca-0.0.2.tar.gz>)

Barak