[MPlayer-users] BBC H264 transmissions

Koef koef at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 5 22:07:56 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 03:26:21PM +0200, Sebastian Kr?mer wrote:

> There was a message on x264-devel from Lo?c Le Loarer saying he wanted
> to implement interlaced encoding in x264 and *maybe* interlaced decoding
> to ffmpeg:
>
> > If I have the time, I'll also try to add support in FFmpeg to decode
> > the interlaced content produced by x264 with my patches.

"h264: MBAFF interlaced decoding" svn commit by lorenm a week ago. Thank
you! I now have the BBC H264 clip playing, although it rather is a slideshow
on my a64 3000+. The windows folk keep insisting that a dualcore CPU is
required for this kind of video material. Would mplayer/ffmpeg benefit from
dual core?

--
Koef.