[MPlayer-users] BBC H264 transmissions

Koef koef at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 5 22:54:00 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 10:24:34PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

> No, there is only very basic support for multithreaded decoding, only
> for some codecs and only working in some fringe cases.
> There are some options like -lavdopts skiploopfilter that can speed
> H.264 up, but probably not enough to make it work (though, is it HDTV?
> if not I would thing that your CPU should be fast enough. Maybe it is
> the video output that is too slow? Or audio decoding?)

It is a 1440x1088 H264 clip with approx. 20 Mbit/sec bitrate. If you want to
try it, it is at http://www.giusberto.ch/hdtv/BBC_H264_test6.ts.

I do not think video output or audio decoding is the problem since I can
play 18 Mbit/sec MPEG2 HDTV movies smoothly. The H264 decoding takes all of
my CPU.

--
Koef.