[MPlayer-users] Mencoder 1.0pre7try2 with XivD 1.1.0 => Cant playwith Window

- - hob4bit at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 8 10:20:55 CEST 2006

Dear Guillaume,

Hello, I took teh 2006-0608 soruce this morning and compiled. It fixed the
unable
to read ".tivo" file problem which I have not reported yet. So that was
good.

The problem with MPlayer generated XviD 1.1.0 fiels not playing in Windows
Media
Player 10.0 still exists. Many people have reported similar problems but I
cannot
find a fix.

My Mplaeyr generated mvoie cannot play with WMP nor could virtual dub 1.6.14
or
Video Converter 7.1 read them. However Tmpegenc and VLC can rad them.
I have seen other XviD files on the network and they do play in WMP 10.0.
Is there anythign special about the AVI format that MPlayer 20060608 makes?
Is there a way to make AVI files using the DIVX codec but sticking to the
old
Winows AVI format rather than use extensions?

Thanks