[MPlayer-users] Encoding DVB-T to MPEG

Kevin Davies kevin.davies at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 10 06:19:21 CEST 2006

> Kevin Davies wrote:
>

> > In this case I want to encode V4l transport stream directly
> > to mpeg if possible.
>
> Kevin, DVB already IS mpeg, so you don't need to re-encode anything.
> Save raw, SD uses about 2.8GB/hr.
>
> > I effectively want to real-time encode broadcast quality mpeg,
>
> That is what you already have.
> Maybe use "-oac copy -ovc copy" ??

Yes, I just tried that and it works. Didn't realise it was so damn simple.
Here is me doing heaps of
research... hehe.

mencoder -tv driver=v4l "World Cup - Germany vs Costa Rica-20060610-0157.ts"
-oac copy -ovc copy -o test.avi

Problem is when viewing avi file most of it looks ok but I am getting weird
vertical shutter effect.
Especially noticable when red and blue are next to each other. Mind you this
is on a 40" LCD screen
When they close in on the players I see the effect on their collars. Shirt
is red, collar is blue for
Costa Rica. It might be an effect of the XBMC (xbox) video player but then
again their maybe an option I am
missing.

Ideas?

> That doesn't need to be real-time.
> HTH. I can e-mail you the scripts I use for recording DVB-T in Perth.
> I used to use a P-II celeron for recording, and that was overkill :-)

Yes that would be great!

Thanks!

Kevin