[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer can't play wav file

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jun 11 12:56:01 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 07:33:16PM +0900, Masaru Nomiya wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> has written:
> > -ao pcm shows that MPlayer has no problem playing this, but what do you
> > expect to hear?
>
> Does "-ao pcm" means "mplayer -ao pcm Walk1.wav"?
> If so, I got no sounds.

Of course not. But I get a file audiodump.wav that has (+-2 bytes) the
same size and contents as Walk1.wav, so decoding works.

> > The file contains < 0.1 seconds of audio (1176 bytes,
> > and the audio is sampled at 11127 samples per second and one byte per
> > sample)... With -ao alsa it hear a very short "plop", but not more.
>
> I did
>
>   > mplayer -ao alsa Walk1.wav
>
> but I got

Maybe the other guy posting did something different or was talking about
some different file, but I don't get any sound for the one you had
attached (also not in xine, vlc etc.), but that is simple due to the
fact that that file _does not contain any sound_.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger