[MPlayer-users] How to seek a file that is being generated

Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto please.no.spam.here at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 10:03:54 CEST 2006

I have a tv capture card and I want to do the following:

1) start recording
2) during the commercials, seek forward, and if I miss something, seek
backward.

But I can't do that, because mencoder only puts the index in the file when
it finishes recording, and even if I use the -idx (or -forceidx) option,
mplayer only builds the index of the part of the video that is already
recorded when mplayer starts.

So, how can I do this? I have already read a lot of documentation.

--
Software is like sex: it is better when it is free.