[MPlayer-users] Mencoder 2006-06-08 with XivD 1.1.0 => Cant playwith Window

hob4bit - hob4bit at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:13:02 CEST 2006

Hi, I have checked the FourCC stuff. I used command as follows with
Mencoder:

mencoder -ovc xvid -oac mp3lame -xvidencopts \
    chroma_opt:vhq=4:bvhq=1:quant_type=mpeg:fixed_quant=4 \
    -lameopts abr:br=128 -o sample.avi sample.wmv

Video plays with MPlayer, VLC and Tmpegenc which are all Windows versions. I
have Xvid 1.1.0
on Windows. I used Xvidcore-1.1.0 on Linux to encode.

There is a long discussion at DOOM9 in 2005 but I don't think MPlayer has
been patched.
If so is it possible to ask for MPlayer to generate AVIs that Windows
understands. I mean
don't use extensions and keep things to the bare minimum.

Mencoder + XviD => not playable in Windows
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=88562

Has anybody tried to make a Xvid using Mencoder and try to play using
Windows Media Player.
If not can soembody try please.

Thanks