[MPlayer-users] How to seek a file that is being generated

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Jun 12 19:42:42 CEST 2006

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:42:46 -0300
"Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto" <please.no.spam.here at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can seek forward, but after I seek the image gets very jerky for
> some seconds.

Try different values for -mc and/or -(no)framedrop

It (and seek problems) also might be because you're trying to put (VBR?)
MP3 audio in an MPEG container, which can be buggy.

> ERROR: SCR: 3929.163, VPTS: 94.289, DELTA=-3834.875 secs

Just a minor warning.

> Now, If mpeg compresses well or not, doesn't seem to be relevant,
> because I can later remux it to Matroska or whatever. And it will be
> just as compressed as if I had recorded it as Matroska in the first
> place, right?

No, the container has nothing to do with the video/audio codec.  He was
talking about encoding to vcodec=mpeg2video, instead of MPEG-4.

And please don't top-post.