[MPlayer-users] codecs and MPlayer-1.0pre8

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Jun 12 23:09:34 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 03:49:32PM -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	I successfully downloaded, built and installed
> MPlayer-1.0pre8 today and then remembered the codecs.  Do I need
> to get them from the web site and unpack them in to a directory
> in the distribution before doing the ./configure, make and make
> install?  So far, it is working, but I want, of course, to make

No, just creating the (e.g. /usr/local/lib/codecs) directory before
configure is enough.
You can also use the options like --enable-dshow or
--with-codecs-dir=..., that should have the same effect (at the end of
configure output just check if dshow, real etc. are listed under enabled
codecs)

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger