[MPlayer-users] Garbage in audio dumped from internet streams

Nitu Jain njain at mobitv.com
Tue Jun 13 04:34:04 CEST 2006

Hello All,

My mplayer command is used inside a perl wrapper.

I use mplayer to dump audio data from internet streams to /dev/stdout.
Then I continuously create two minute long audio data files from STDOUT
and save it to different pcm files.

The mplayer command I use is
    $mplayer_cmd="mplayer -quiet \"$input_url\" -ao pcm:file=/dev/stdout
-vo null -vc null";

Sometimes, I get static audio (garbled audio) in some of the .pcm files.

What might be causing this garbled audio in mplayer?

Thanks
Nitu