[MPlayer-users] How to seek a file that is being generated

Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto please.no.spam.here at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 10:18:29 CEST 2006

> Try different values for -mc and/or -(no)framedrop

I tried. Doesn't seem to have helped (still can't seek backwards, which is
the bigest problem for me, and the image still get's jerky, although this
isn't a big problem for me)

It (and seek problems) also might be because you're trying to put (VBR?)
> MP3 audio in an MPEG container, which can be buggy.

Tried  changing -lameopts q=8  to -lameopts br=128.  Still had problems.

> No, the container has nothing to do with the video/audio codec.  He was
> talking about encoding to vcodec=mpeg2video, instead of MPEG-4.

I hadn't seen the word mpeg2 in this post... I thought he was speaking about
the difference in filesize that you get with different containers (for
example, for me it seems that remuxing an avi to matroska shrinks the
file).  My bad.

Also, I have now tried encoding to mpeg2video corrects the problem. Good
enough for me.  Alghough encoding to mpeg4 would be better, I think I can
consider the problem solved.  One question: I am having these problems with
mpeg container + mpeg4 codec because of a bug in mplayer or a limitation in
the mpeg containter, or what?
Thank you.

And please don't top-post.

I didn't know it was bad. Sorry.

--
Software is like sex: it is better when it is free.