[MPlayer-users] Bicubic scaling in vo_gl - does it ever work?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Jun 13 22:25:25 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 09:51:20PM +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> different windows players. What bothered me, however, is that I missed
> the moment it was submitted.. I don't remember reading about anything
> like that in either -users or -dev-eng lists. Also, the fact that it's

Since I'm the maintainer for -vo gl you won't see anything like that for
stuff I implement - only on cvslog *g*

> there in changelog, but not in manpage or -vo gl:help message is
> strange. However, I quickly found a reason: it just doesn't work.. While

It should be in the manpage, under [l|c]scaler=<n>, which as you see
contains a typo...
The -vo gl:help message I completely forgot about, thanks for reminding.

> Here is mplayer -v output. I'll recompile mplayer with debugging symbols
> if necessary. mplayer just hangs when trying to use lscale=1 or
> cscale=1.

I think it should be fixed in latest SVN, please test (I only can test
whenever I happen to be at university and have some spare time).

> With lscale=2/cscale=2, the scaling shader isn't used, but
> something is shifted incorrectly, so there is garbage instead of
> output.. but that's just a minor bug.

No, that's intended behaviour (output is undefined) *g*.
Well, at least if you get the "unsupported scaler type" message.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger