[MPlayer-users] I'm missing mencoder's "-ovc rawrgb" option

Nick Humphries nick at egyptus.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 11:23:10 CEST 2006

Hi there,

I used to use mencoder 1.0pre3try2 to convert an uncompressed AVI
generated by "animmaker" (which was missing headers and an index,
IIRC) into a valid uncompressed AVI file suitable for encoding to MPEG
by TMPGEnc.

The command I used to use was:

# mencoder in.avi -ovc rawrgb -o out.avi

"rawrgb" used to be listed when I typed in "mencoder -ovc help" as
well, and a quick grep through the pre7 and pre8 versions of the code
shows me that the rawrgb option has been taken out.

Can anyone please tell me what options I should use now? All I want is
a fully valid uncompressed AVI file that TMPGEnc can handle. There's
no soundtrack to worry about.

If anyone can help me out I'd be very grateful :)

Many thanks,

Nick

--
Nick Humphries