[MPlayer-users] Bicubic scaling in vo_gl - does it ever work?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jun 15 23:00:11 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 01:30:43PM +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
>  On 2006.06.15 at 10:34:25 +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote next:
> > This is weird, since none of all these have any effect on the bicubic
> > interpolation code...
> > One thing you could try: in libvo/gl_common.c, change
> > OPTION ARB_precision_hint_fastest;
> > OPTION ARB_precision_hint_nicest;
>
> I'll try it. And yeah, I want nicest quality, why would I bother with
> bicubic scaling in the first place otherwise? ;)

Oh, I'm sure the difference between 16 bit and 32 bit floating point
calculations will make a big difference on the 8 bit framebuffer :-P
Actually I don't know what exactly this option will change - esp. since
from all I know ATI only supports 24 bit floating point numbers in the
shaders anyway...

> > Can anyone else reproduce these problems? If yes, can you also test
> > under windows and see if that makes a difference?
>
> I can test it in windows, but I have no means of compiling mplayer for
> windows. Do you know where I can get win32 build with latest vo_gl
> changes (after pre8)?

You can try my buid:
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uvhe/mplayer-20060615.zip

Greetings,