[MPlayer-users] can't play some videos

Luiz Fernando C Camargo lfcamar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 13:21:58 CEST 2006

I use Debian GNU/Linux and I have installed mplayer,
w32codecs, mozilla-mplayer (mplayer plugin for mozilla),
mozplugger, swf-player, xmms-xmmplayer and probably more, but
I can't play any videos from my ISP, although I can play some
videos from other sites and most often from command line. As
an example, can you folks play this public video?

<http://cinema.terra.com.br/interna/0,,OI1042142-EI1176,00.html>

[Click on "Assista ao trailer!" please.]

I was told by my ISP that their system has been tested with
linux and it should work fine, but I am not sure. Can someone
please tell me what is up? what should I do? what about people
who use other distros?

Thanks for any information,
Luiz Fernando