[MPlayer-users] vmware graphics drivers

Tom Kirkpatrick tom at kirkdesigns.co.uk
Sat Jun 17 11:50:53 CEST 2006

Is it possible to use mplayer on a virtual linux machine (vmware)?

mplayer seems to be having some trouble finding my graphics card. As
I understand it, vmware has it's own viirtual hardware... including
thee graphics card. I'm having trouble finding out exactly what the
virtual graphics card is... best I can tell is that its a VMware Saga
II... what ever that means!

Have any of you guys ever had mplayer working on vmware?

What graphics drivers do I need?

Will I also need to install XFree86? (I know tthat somee graphics
cards do not require this, and I'd rather not install if I don't have
to).

thanks