[MPlayer-users] Can Mencoder generate "mpeg-es" files with sound?

hob4bit - hob4bit at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 18 08:21:55 CEST 2006

HI, yes WMP is very stupid. It was my stupidity. I worked out how to make
WMP play the
movie. I made an AVI file by accident as I forgot the "-of mpeg" option:

ID_DEMUXER=avi
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=mpg1

Once fixed:

ID_DEMUXER=mpegps
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=0x10000001

I used:

$MENCODE -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts \
vcodec=$VCODEC:vrc_maxrate=$VMRATE:vbitrate=$VRATE:keyint=15:acodec=$ACODEC:\
abitrate=$ARATE $FLAGS -of mpeg -o "$@"

I had to write wrapper scripts called "xvid", "divx" and "mpg" to make WMP
playable files.
Mencode is very good software but the options are difficult to understand.
However, it is not
as hard to understand than "transcode". The "mplayer -identify" option is
sure useless

Thanks