[MPlayer-users] [MPLAYER] Cannot play wmv files

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 19:10:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/18/06, tommmmmm <tommmmmm at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> How to make sure? And moreover, do i need to?
> >
> > > ... because you need to set up a chroot environment with all necessary
> > 32bit
> > > libs and devel packages. Don't ask us how. Your distribution docs should
> > > answer that question.
>

>  This is way too troublesome. It is the most complicated solution among all
> !!!!
> Just tell me the line that i need to edit in mplayer source to make mplayer
> use 32bit codecs !!!!! DO I SPEAK MYSELF CLEAR ???
>
> and don't joke with me about distribution docs, it's not fu**ing M$ support
> webpage.

Congrats, you've won the rudeness award of the year. This gives you a
free "moderation" flag associated with your user account.
Again, congratulations!

> > Judging by the output you provided in your first post, you didn't run
> > > make distclean
> > > before re-running ./configure after having compiled MPlayer from that
> > tree.
>

> make  distclean was not necessary !!!!! I untarred/unzipped all of the
> different mplayers and then, RIGHT AFTER it, I tried to build it along with
> the instructions from faq. An even to make you feel pleased, I did make
> distclean and it still didn't work. happy? I am not.
> Why everyone is always hiding the solution from my eyes...

Nobody is hiding you anything. We have some solutions of offer to you,
but you insist on asking us to give you a ready-made solution to a
problem that's far from easy.
Sorry tommmmmm, but our time is as precious as yours, so we can't
spend some time to help you if you keep on with this attitude.

Guillaume, Mailing list admin
--
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
 -- Winston Churchill