[MPlayer-users] FFMpeg or MEncoder ODML problem

Francois Visagie fvisagie at za.spescom.com
Mon Jun 19 09:52:10 CEST 2006

Hi Heimdall,

Not being familiar with mencoder, I'd like to offer you some general advice
anyway. Does your problem audio really have an echo, or does it sound
hollow? If hollow, it's often caused by too low a sampling rate when you
convert from one format to another.

As a rule of thumb, bear in mind that to preserve quality with lossless
conversion, the sampling rate needs to be twice the bandwidth of the input
audio. When doing lossy compression, run tests starting with such a sampling
rate and gradually reduce it until you reach the optimal point to your
liking.

Regards,
Francois

This e-mail is sent on the Spescom Terms and Conditions
that can be accessed by clicking on this link http://www.spescom.com/email.html