[MPlayer-users] Building MPlayer Fails

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 17:53:36 CEST 2006

On Jun 17, 2006, at 19.15, Klaus Müller wrote:

> Ivan Kowalenko schrieb:
>
>> Done. NEW error (again)
>
> You really should follow Guillaumes suggestion:
>
>>> I'd say that before experienting with exotic setups, you'd be better
>>> off trying with the defaults of your platform to confirm that it
>>> works.
>>> Once it works, your can do some experiments.
>

> This means:
> Get rid of all those silly configure - options and do a plain:
>
> ./configure
> make

Part of the problem is that if I don't include those "silly configure
- options" then I lose a substantial amount of the libraries I wish
to compile in. If I'm compiling SVN, but I'm losing x264, then I
really could care less. I might as well just download a binary.

The other thing is the use of GCC 4.0. I'm still working on,
separately from MPlayer, getting my distcc system working. Because of
this, GCC 4.0.1 isn't my default compiler, and I have to manually
specify it. I doubt enabling debugging is going to cause a crash like
this, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, just for the hell of it, I did configure it blankly. It
decided to use GCC-3.3 (Apple Build), found the OS X APIs (but not
Bundle or Finder support, not that it's that important to me). I lost
FAAC, x264, XviD, TooLame, DV, and LAME, all of which were libraries
I wanted compiled in. Attached is the new configure.log.