[MPlayer-users] Problems streaming wmv9 files since Pre7 -> Pre8 upgrade

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:29:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/21/06, Tom Kirkpatrick <tom at kirkdesigns.co.uk> wrote:

> On 21 Jun 2006, at 19:27, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 6/21/06, Tom Kirkpatrick <tom at kirkdesigns.co.uk> wrote:
> >> I seem to be unable to play a WMV9 stream for more than a couple of
> >> seconds since upgrading MPlayer to Pre8. I'm hoping someone can help
> >> me decipher this and provide some idea as to why it's not playing
> >> properly as most of it means very little to me (I had been playing
> >> this same with no problems on Pre7):
> >>
> >> thanks ;)
> >

> > mplayer -vf scale=640:480 -fs -v http://s-lon-01a.global-mix.net/itb
> >

> > Works fine here with SVN version. Please make sure you don't have an
> > old codecs.conf lying around, and that you eventually don't have a too
> > old version of the win32 codecs package.
> >

> Would you recommend using SVN version?

Yes, and no: Since we "just" released pre8, we have made a fair deal
of modification to SVN to add some breeding edge functionnalities.
It's quite possible that some things are broken in SVN....

BUT!

We try very hard not to break anything when me make some
modifications, therefore SVN should be just fine.

In your case, since I'm able to make your file play fine with SVN
version, I'd say you should test SVN version too.

I'm not sure if I'm all too clear...

Guillaume
--
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
 -- Winston Churchill