[MPlayer-users] h.264 and cpu consumption

陆然 hephooey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:12:48 CEST 2006

Hi,

I think there is some weirdness with the decoder of h.264. I tried mplayer
with a h.264 file: The file is a 1489.574s video generated from several
static pictures, with a size of only 9967485 bytes,  the video size is
1024x768. Since the bitrate is pretty low and there is no motion scenes I
expect it will took little cpu to decode it. However according to the output,
30% of my cputime (AMD Athlon 2500+ oc 3200+) is used for video decoding.

Is this a normal behavior of h.264 video? Or it is caused by some
mistake/wrong parameter when the video was encoded. If someone want to see a
sample I can upload it.

--
Best Regards,
LR