[MPlayer-users] AAC/HE-AAC/aacPlus Audio Reference Streams

Greg J. Ogonowski greg at orban.com
Fri Jun 23 07:13:19 CEST 2006

Hello-

I am new to this list.
I would like to make available our AAC/HE-AAC/aacPlus Reference
Streams for mplayer development.
I don't know if I should have posted this message in the development
list or not. I was afraid of the warning message! :)

http://www.orban.com/products/streaming/opticodec-pc1010/eval/

DO NOT USE the Windows Media Player Plugin URLs. They are specific to
the Plugin. Use the direct stream URLs listed below each of the Plugin links.

VLC plays all of these streams, however, mplayer does not seem to
support any HTTP Tunneled, 3GPP LATM, or Icecast2 AAC/HE-AAC/aacPlus
audio streams.

Any chance you would consider support for these streams?
If you need a description of the difference between a SHOUTcast and
Icecast2 player implementation, please ask. It is very minor,
although different enough to prevent the streams from playing.
I will add mplayer to our list of supported players.

Regards,
-greg.

Please also let me know if this should be posted in the development list.

Greg J. Ogonowski
VP Product Development
ORBAN / CRL, Inc.
1525 Alvarado St.