[MPlayer-users] Arbitrary OSD data?

Jason Tackaberry tack at urandom.ca
Fri Jun 30 17:51:40 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 09:56 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> Is it possible to output some arbitrary data via MPlayer's OSD sceme?
> Perhaps a pipe to write to and it appear on the screen?

I have been maintaining a filter called vf_overlay that allows you to
render an BGRA overlay (with full alpha compositing).

It's not merged (yet) but you can fetch it here:

   http://urandom.ca/mebox/downloads.php

You write to the BGRA buffer via shared memory and issue slave commands
to do certain manipulations (such as synchronizing regions, toggle
visibility, adjust global opacity, etc.

Cheers,
Jason.