[MPlayer-users] Encoding movie results in 'jerky' .avi

EC zybhjk at verizon.net
Wed Mar 1 00:12:42 CET 2006

Sun, 26 Feb 2006 12:19:12 -1000 | "Beau E. Cox" <beaucox at hawaii.rr.com>

> On Saturday 25 February 2006 23:39, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 2/26/06, Beau E. Cox <beaucox at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
> > > Hi -
> [[snip]]
> > > I am trying to encode a dvd movie (which plays perfectly
> > > from the dvd using mplayer) -> .avi. I followed
> > > the instructions in the encoding example:
> > > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML-single/en/MPlayer.html#menc-feat-dvd-mp
> > >eg4-example
> > >
> > > My movie is NTSC progressive with the same crop size
> > > as in the example, so I used the example parameters
> > > _exactly_. During encoding I got many, many
> >
> > Damn! The example is completely bogus! There's no inverse telecine
> > filter in the example when the text says that it's telecined.
> >
> > I just fixed the doc, but the revised version won't show up online
> > before 12-24h.
> > So here is the good example:
> >
> > pass1:
> > mencoder dvd://1 -ofps 24000/1001 -oac copy -vf
> > pullup,softskip,crop=720:352:0:62,hqdn3d=2:1:2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> > vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2400:v4mv:mbd=2:trell:cmp=3:subcmp=3:mbcmp=3:autoaspe
> >ct:vpass=1 -o Harry_Potter_2.avi
> >
> > pass2:
> > mencoder dvd://1 -ofps 24000/1001 -oac copy -vf
> > pullup,softskip,crop=720:352:0:62,hqdn3d=2:1:2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> > vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2400:v4mv:mbd=2:trell:cmp=3:subcmp=3:mbcmp=3:autoaspe
> >ct:vpass=2 -o Harry_Potter_2.avi
> >
> > Guillaume
> > --
> > Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
> > wheels are square...
> >
> > Reimar Döffinger
>
> Hi Reimar - thanks for the reply.
>
> Alas, I got the same results with your parameters

Hello, I was having similar problems a while back.  I don't remember
the exact symptoms, but I was encoding, like you, from the example
script with an ivtc filter, and had the same skipped frames/jerky
output problems.

The only thing I could find that fixed it was to reencode the audio -
not using -oac copy but rather -oac mp3lame.  I still have no idea why
that helped, but it certainly seemed to.  See if that works for you.

--
Tue:Feb:28:06
Eli C.