[MPlayer-users] mpeg-ts

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 17:56:04 CET 2006

2006/2/22, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it>:

> -vc ffmpeg12 seems to be more resistant to errors.
> Alejandro: are you sure that the errors show up periodically

The errors are less visible with this codec but stills there

> (e.g. every 15 seconds) ?

I'm not sure the time is always the same because somtimes the garbage
is less visible than anothers.

> I want to exclude the possibility of reception errors before
> analizing the bytestream.

I think it is not a reception problem because playing it in the
dreambox you can't see any problem. Another test I made is using
ngrab, that sends through the network a mpeg2 stream in the exact
ofrmat of the used in a DVD, and a server in linux captures it and
saves it as a .vob file, and you never see any garbage in this movies.

Also googling out there, there are many programs that claims to
"demux" dvb streams and converts it to mpeg or vob files. Check this
in example: http://www.sat-industry.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-6824.html
--
Alejandro Vargas