[MPlayer-users] Cut First Part of Movie

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Fri Mar 3 03:30:59 CET 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Todd Walton wrote:

> How can I take an existing movie file and cut off the first portion of
> it?  I have a movie with crap in the beginning, and then it gets to
> the non-crap part of it.  I want to make the first so-many minutes not
> be there, and just save myself a MB or two.
>
> Will mplayer do this?  I've only been able to find "-frames" which
> will cut the ending off.

There's -ss, which skips x number of seconds, and -sb, which
skips x number of bytes.  It would be nice (HINT!!! HINT!!!) to
have a -sf option, which would skip x number of frames, but it
doesn't exist.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |