[MPlayer-users] mplayer mencoder not compiling under OS X 10.3

Andrea Gianarro giandrea at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 19:04:03 CET 2006

Hi, I'm referring to MPlayer and MEncoder command line binaries, not
MPlayerOSX GUI. It does not compile correctly under MacOS X 10.3.9. The
configure script works, but the end result is this one:
Config files successfully generated by ./configure !

  Install prefix: /usr/local
  Data directory: /usr/local/share/mplayer
  Config direct.: /usr/local/etc/mplayer

  Byte order: big-endian
  Optimizing for: 7450 altivec

  Languages:
    Messages/GUI: en
    Manual pages:  en

  Enabled optional drivers:
    Input: ftp network edl tv matroska mpdvdkit2 vcd
    Codecs: x264 xvid libavcodec faad2(internal) faac libmpeg2 libdts liba52
mp3lib tremor(internal)
    Audio output: mpegpes(file)
    Video output: md5sum pnm jpeg png mpegpes(file) tga macosx
    Audio filters:
  Disabled optional drivers:
    Input: vstream tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv-bsdbt848 live555 cdda dvdread dvb smb
    Codecs: qtx opendivx libdv amr_wb amr_nb real xanim dshow/dmo win32
musepack libtheora speex twolame toolame libmad liblzo gif
    Audio output: sgi sun alsa openal jack polyp esd arts oss dxr2 nas
dsound win32 sdl macosx
    Video output: xvidix winvidix cvidix bl zr zr2 dxr3 dxr2 directx sdl
vesa gif89a fbdev svga caca aa ggi xmga mga opengl dga xvmc xv x11 directfb
tdfx_vid tdfxfb 3dfx quartz
    Audio filters: ladspa

As you can see, it doesn't configure anymore the audio output and the quartz
video output. And even if it displays "macosx" in the enabled video outputs,
it doesn't work once compiled. The compilation takes a surprisingly short
time to complete. What is wrong? I used to compile it regularly some months
ago, and it worked like charm with both quartz and macosx video outputs, now
I think something is broken! Can you help me?
Thanks,

Andrea Gianarro