[MPlayer-users] max. resolution for xv output

Dietmar Hofer didi at a-t-s.at
Wed Mar 8 13:18:40 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 8. März 2006 10:25 schrieb Reimar Döffinger:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 05:25:51PM +0100, Dietmar Hofer wrote:
> > It says "maximum is 1440x1080".
> > What does this limit depend on?
>
> The overlay hardware in your graphics card. Use xvinfo to get detail,
> maybe you have a different xv port available that allows for higher
> resolution (for nVidia, e.g. those that are implemented via OpenGL.
> Though in that case you could just use -vo gl or -vo gl2 I guess...)

xvinfo also tells me the limit is 1440x1080.
The video HW is a onboard Intel 915G using shared mem (...)
I already tried -vo gl and gl2. This gives me about 1 fps (or to say in in CPU
load: 1200%).
I'm not going to continue to mess around this, I'll look for another videocard
today.
Thanks for your help.