[MPlayer-users] deinterlacing pal 50fps

Pawel null7 at wp.pl
Fri Mar 10 09:56:19 CET 2006

My graphic card is:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE] (rev 01)
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV280 [Radeon 9200 SE] (Secondary) (rev 01)

cpu:
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 15
model		: 3
model name	: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
stepping	: 3
cpu MHz		: 2394.588
cache size	: 1024 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 5
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe pni monitor ds_cpl cid
bogomips	: 4793.50

I would guess that native OpenGL support is not available and what is more I would prefer not to depend on native support (, because what If I take my movies to friend that does not have such card).

> why you want to do
> interlaced playback rather than using one of the other deinterlacers,

I am storing my clips in interlaced dvd format just to play them back on standalone dvd player. On the other hand when am playing back my dvd movies on PC, I do not like 25fps.
That's my question:
is there efficient way do deinterlace them to 50 fps "on the fly". Of course if there is no such way, maybe there is a way to do that with mplayer/mencoder be pre reformating it (to some intermediate file) to 50 fps - in that case I am of course considering taking as an input my miniDV avi files.

Greetings