[MPlayer-users] Re: recorded H.264-HD not playing

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Mar 10 22:19:00 CET 2006

Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi <at> fastwebnet.it> writes:

> Nico Sabbi wrote:

> >> I know.
> >> But that it's H.264 it should understand by me giving -vc ffh264,
> >> shouldn't it? But that also doesn't work. Can I tell the vcodec
> >> somehow else?
> >>

> > I'll send you an unofficial patch
> >

> here it is. Add -tsvformat 0x10000005 to force H264 assignment to
> sh_video->format
> (and consequently choose one of the availeble H264 decoders).
> Just don't ask me to commit it :)

I would like to ask you to commit the patch:

Without it, it's not possible to view my cable TV providers H264 test program.
Until now, the only way to watch it was to manually change the video stream type
in demuxer_ts.c (which of course made the resulting binary useless because no
other DVB-C programs could be viewed).
I just wanted to write a feature request when I saw this patch and until
auto-detection works this would be very nice to be included in cvs.

Thank you, Carl Eugen