[MPlayer-users] Need help with viewing DVDs with USB DVD drive using mplayer

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Mon Mar 13 10:30:17 CET 2006

Le lundi 13 mars 2006, 00:55:24 ou environ R <rawgarlic at gmail.com> a écrit:

> No vidix driver name provided, probing available ones (-v option for details)!
> vo: X11 running at 800x600 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local display)
> [SiS] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [mga] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [savage_vid] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [cyberblade] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [radeon] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [mach64] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [nvidia_vid] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [unichrome] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [rage128] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [mga] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> [pm3] Error occurred during pci scan: Operation not permitted
> vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver

Here I have the same problem while reading a video file with MPlayer,
last stable version, installed/compiled from sources on a Debian
Sarge/stable.

"Error occurred during PCI scan: Operation not permitted"

It looks like a permission problem. If somebody has the way to solve it
o a Debian/Sarge?

No problem on a SuSe-8.2 on the same PC with same MPlayer sources
(Dual-Boot).

--
Alain Barthélemy
cassandre at bartydeux.be