[MPlayer-users] Frame save

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Mar 14 00:22:11 CET 2006

Alejandro Vargas wrote:

> 2006/3/12, Reimar Döffinger
> <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>:
>
>>> Or, it will be good, if screenshot would cause framestep forward.
>>> Now if
>>
>> That would be possible. Bind e.g. the command "pausing_keep
>> screenshot" (in input.conf).
>> See DOCS/tech/slave.txt for details on the available commands and
>> pausing prefixes.
>
> I think it should be better to improve -ss function, making it to go
> to the previous keyframe and decoding frame by frame until it reaches
> the exact point asked instead on stopoing in the keyframe.

This functionality would indeed be nice to have available, but it is not
inherently an "improvement" in every case; it will be much slower than
the current form of seeking, which is entirely adequate in many cases,
and so should be disabled by default and require an explicit option
somewhere to turn on.

That said, however, you forgot to attach a patch. ^_^

I'm also not sure I see how your suggestion is really related to the
subject which was being discussed in this thread...

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.