[MPlayer-users] incorrect video playback width on 24 inch widescreen lcd

Tell-you-later designerway at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 17:12:20 CET 2006

I couldn't find a previous post on this, so here's
what I've found.

All the videos played with my mplayer
1.0pre7try2-3.4.4 (and  earlier) report the correct
video size, e.g. 950x416 but the actual playback
window size is wrong, 1140x416 in this case.

When I use the option -screenw 1600, the playback is
correct.  But when I use -x 950, the playback is
wrong.

I'm running Linux 2.6.9-22.0.2.EL, P4 1.8GHz, Dell
2405FPW 24-inch widescreen LCD monitor.

Just a heads up, since there is a workaround.  Thanks.

Remik