[MPlayer-users] slave mode on win32

Cristian Jianu ingcristij at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 07:58:21 CET 2006

Hello,
  I'm using MPlayer-mingw32-dev-CVS-050928.zip and I want to send him some commands for playing some .mp3s  I've tried:

  1.1 mplayer.exe -slave -playlist playlist.mpl
  mplayer starts playing but won't accept any command from stdin, not even the usual keys (q,p,LEFT, RIGHT..)
  1.2 If I send mplayer.exe -slave -
  This is erroneous, but mplayer starts and says "Playing -." but no sound (of course). And then says "Recording from STDIN": but again no command is accepted: I try "loadfile ..", "quit" but says "Cannot seek backward in an linear stream"

  2.mplayer -playlist playlist.mpl
  with the help of "mighty JScript for win32" I use SendKeys("p") but mplayer keeps on saying:" No bind for key" and no key is listed. (maybe win32 sends in a different format than needed by mplayer - unicod? or something??). The same SendKeys works for an usual cmd-prompt application (C, perl..)

  maybe you can provide me some information!
  thanks

 Ing. Cristian Jianu
 +40 740 134090