[MPlayer-users] Compile options for better h264 support?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 20:57:49 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/19/06, José Filipe <jofivigo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm trying to improve h264 decoding by compiling mplayer specifically for my
> machine (eMac G4 1,25Ghz - PPC7450 and Mac OS X 10.3.9).
>
> These are the options I'm using:
> ./configure --enable-largefiles --enable-macosx-finder-support --enable-altivec
> --target=ppc
>
> Should I add other options?

The rule for mplayer's configure is that, except in rare cases, you
don't need to add any option to get some specific module compiled.
Just run the configure script, see what it detected and either fire
the compilation or install libs or fix paths if it didn't detect the
right things.

To put it in a nutshell: don't activate anything unless you know what
you are doing!

Guillaume

--
Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
wheels are square...

Reimar Döffinger