[MPlayer-users] Configuration for Darwin/i386

Michael Hewitt hypermike at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 20 07:49:15 CET 2006

Hey, I just recently acquired a MacBook as a development platform.
I've compiled mplayer from source on darwin/ppc using gcc 3.3 without
any problems on a previous system, but it can't seem to properly
configure on this one. The pertinent error seems to be

Checking for GCC & CPU optimization abilities ... Your gcc-3.3 does
not even support "i386" for '-march' and '-mcpu'.
error

Anyone have any ideas? This seems to be the latest gcc binary
available from Apple.

Thanks!